- Learning to Sew on a Sewing Machine (Digital Image)
A mother leans over to help her daughter feed a patterned piece of fabric through a sewing machine. Learning how to sew on a sewing machine is an excellent parent-child bonding event, and also allows one to develop a skill that will last a lifetime.
- Buying a Sewing Machine
Buying a used sewing machine can save you money, but it can be risky. Sewing machines are precision devices, and they can be damaged if they are not packed carefully for shipment.
- Sewing Class at a Quilt Shop (Digital Video)
Several women use sewing machines during their sewing class at a quilt shop.
Serger sewing machines are featured on the website Sergers.us, which defines what sergers are and how they compare to traditional sewing machines.
Glove Stitching (Photograph)
There are several different varieties of baseball glove, including the infielder's glove, the outfielder's glove, the pitcher's glove, the first baseman's mitt, and the catcher's mitt.
- Crafts Information Guide
This craft guide contains information on different forms of crafting as well as convenient links to related arts and crafts resources.
- Machine Embroidery Tips
Embroidery machines decorate fabrics with a needle and thread. Learn about embroidery machine products here and find links to supplies of machine embroidery equipment and accessories.
- Serger with Four Spools of Thread (Digital Image)
A white serger, holding four spools of thread, sits atop a clean, white craft table. For people who love doing crafts, the serger is a go-to machine. Whether you are cutting, edging, or sewing, the serger does it all.
- Pinterest - Sewing
This gallery page features selected images about sewing machines, tips, and notions.
Sewing Directory Page(s)
- Sewing Page on AbiFind.com
Visit this sewing category page on abifind.com to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- Sewing Page on Botw.org
Visit this sewing category page on botw.org to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- Sewing Schools Page on Chosensites.com
Visit this sewing schools category page on chosensites.com to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- Sewing Page on GoGuides.org
Visit this sewing category page on goguides.org to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- Sewing Page on Jumblex.org
Visit this sewing category page on jumblex.org to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
Sewing Machine Foot and Thread
- Betzina, Sandra. More Fabric Savvy. Newtown, CT. Taunton Press. 2004.
- Colton, Virginia, ed. Complete Guide to Sewing. Pleasantville, NY. Reader's Digest. 1976.
- Gardiner, Wendy. The Encyclopedia of Sewing Techniques. Philadelphia, PA. Running Press. 2003.
- Harrison, James, ed. Basic Sewing. New York, NY. DK Publishing. 2004.
- Hiney, Mary Jo. Sewing For The First Time. New York, NY. Sterling Publishing. 2002.
- Palmer, Pati, Gail Brown, and Sue Green. Creative Serging Illustrated. Radnor, PA. Chilton. 1987.
- Wood, Dorothy. The Practical Encyclopedia of Sewing. London, England. Hermes House. 2007.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Word-Cloud.org. All rights reserved.