History is the record of important events and their relationships, as documented in written form and transmitted down through time. History often deals with the causes and effects of human events, including those that relate to nations, institutions, and leaders in various areas of human endeavor. Valuable lessons can be learned from the study of history, and it is sometimes said that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Authored by SEH. Last updated 2014-10-26 07:51:05.
- Watercolor Art History
The history of watercolor art is first documented in early cave dwelling paintings, but modern watercolor painting techniques emerged during the 15th century with the landscape paintings of Albrecht Durer.
- Acoustic Guitar History
The acoustic guitar is a popular stringed instrument that has been used for centuries to play different types of music. Learn all about the history of the acoustic guitar.
- History of Bowling
Bowling is a sport whose origins can be traced back about 4,000 years to Rome and Greece. Learn more about this popular sport with a guide to the history of bowling.
- Caribbean History
Learn about the rich history of the Caribbean and find guides for planning a relaxing getaway to some of the most popular vacation destinations within the islands.
- Discount Store History
This website details the history of department stores, including several key figures in discount retailing and information about retailing today.
- History of Australia
Aboriginal people first migrated to the continent of Australia more than 4,000 years ago from Asia. Learn more with this guide to the history and culture of Australia.
- History of Europe
Europe is one of the most diverse continents in the world, comprising more than 40 languages and 40 countries, each with their own unique culture and history.
- History of North America
The first people to come to the North American continent crossed the Bering Sea from Asia. Visit this North American history and culture overview to learn more about North America.
- History of Cartography
Cartography is the art and science of making maps. Learn about the history of cartography and find helpful links to maps and directions.
- New England History
To learn about the history of the area of New England, read this informative website, which includes a history that dates back to 1000 AD.
- US Map History
This United States map site provides a history of the United States along with free printable outline, topographical, and road maps of the entire United States and regions within it.
- History of Cameras
Photography owes much to camera obscura, a medieval technology in which an outside image was displayed on to an inside wall or screen.
- History of Africa
The earliest African people relied on hunting, fishing, and gathering, until the first African civilization was first developed in Egypt, along the Nile River.
- History of Asia
Civilization was first noted in Asia about 6,000 years ago, when the Fertile Crescent area of the Middle East was initially settled and agriculture was introduced to the continent.
- History of South America
South America was initially settled by Asians who crossed the Bering Strait approximately 4,000 to 5,000 years ago. They migrated southwards, reaching South America via the Isthmus of Panama.
- Chess History
Chess is a board game which involves skill and is played with various pieces on a checkered board. Learn more about the popular game of chess and its rules.
- Toy History
Two of the most popular toys carved in Germany, back in the early days of the toy industry - Noah's Arks and Christmas villages - are still collected today.
- History of Modular Homes
Modular homes are often popular for their cost-effectiveness. Learn about the history of modular homes and modular home building.
- History of Musical Keyboards
Keyboards are popular musical instruments that are easy to play. Learn about the history of musical keyboards and find links to music keyboard suppliers.
- Recumbent Bicycle History
Recumbent bicycles allow the rider to sit in a reclined position instead of erect while pedaling. Learn about the history of recumbent bikes and find links to manufacturers and dealers.
- History of Ocean Surfing
Learn all about the history of surfing, and find links to surfing museums dedicated to the sport. You will also find helpful links to surf board and equipment manufacturers on the east and west coasts.
- Active Adult Community History
Active adult retirement communities first came on the scene in the 1960s due to a growing housing demand for retirement age people who were not quite ready to go into assisted living or retirement homes.
- Haiti Geography and History
Haiti shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic, and the country is mountainous with the highest peak, Pic La Selle, at 8,770 feet. Haiti is among the poorest countries in the West.
- History of the Federal Reserve
Congress created the Federal Reserve System in 1913 as a means to supervise U.S. banking. Learn more about the Federal Reserve and how it controls our financial system.
- Lawn Mowing History
Many homeowners spend lots of time perfecting their lawn. While there are a number of products on the market designed to help you grow a lovely lawn, mowing the lawn is key to its success.
History Directory Page(s)
- History Page on AbiLogic.com
Visit this history category page on abilogic.com to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- History Page on Adirectory.us
Visit this history category page on adirectory.us to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- History Page on GoGuides.org
Visit this history category page on goguides.org to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- History Page on Jumblex.org
Visit this history category page on jumblex.org to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- History Page on LinkDir4u.com
Visit this history category page on linkdir4u.com to find editorially-reviewed resources about this topic.
- Producer Judd Apatow on making history with new movie "Bros"
The new movie "Bros" is making history this month as the first gay rom-com made by a major Hollywood studio. ...
CBS News. Tue, 27 Sep 2022 22:10:55 -0400.
- Home prices cooled in July at the fastest rate in the history of S&P Case-Shiller Index
July's year-over-year gains in home prices were lower compared with June in each of the cities covered by the index.
CNBC. Tue, 27 Sep 2022 22:14:12 GMT.
- Irwin Glusker, 98, Dies; Gave American Heritage Its Distinctive Look
A veteran art director, he was best known for his work at the lavish magazine of U.S. history that became a fixture in dens across the country.
Ed Shanahan. New York Times. Tue, 27 Sep 2022 21:37:14 +0000.
- British Open 2022: John Higgins beaten despite hitting career landmark
John Higgins becomes only the second person in snooker history to make 900 career century breaks, but is knocked out of the British Open by Yuan Sijun.
BBC News. Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:07:28 GMT.
- A Small Town in Alaska Is Home to the World's First Hammer Museum
Perhaps no one knows the history of the tool better than collector Dave Pahl, who opened a shrine of his artifacts in Haines 20 years ago
Smithsonian. Tue, 27 Sep 2022 18:08:00 +0000.
- Atlas of United States History. Union, NJ. Hammond World Atlas Corporation. 2001.
- Bauer, Susan Wise. The History of the Ancient World. New York, NY. W.W. Norton. 2007.
- Boyer, Paul S., ed. The Oxford Companion to United States History. New York, NY. Oxford University Press. 2001.
- Campbell, Emma, and Meredith MacArdle. Scientists. New York, NY. Metro. 2008.
- De Wire, Elinor. Guardians of the Lights. Sarasota, FL. Pineapple Press. 1995.
- Finch, Christopher. In the Market. New York, NY. Abbeville. 2001.
- Hall, Timothy C. The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History. New York, NY. Alpha Books. 2008.
- Lye, Keith, ed. 100 Great Journeys. Long Island City, NY. Langenscheidt. 2008.
- McGeehan, John R. The Everything American History Book. Avon, MA. Adams Media. 2007.
- McGuire, Edna. They Made America Great. New York, NY. Macmillan. 1964.
- Nelson, Rebecca. The Handy History Answer Book. Detroit, MI. Visible Ink Press. 1999.
- Parker, Phillip. World History. New York, NY. Metro Books. 2010.
- Souter, Gerry, and Janet Souter. The Founding of the United States, 1763-1815. London, England. SevenOaks. 2011.
Copyright © 2012-2022 Word-Cloud.org. All rights reserved.