North Carolina Information
North Carolina became the 12th state in 1789, but it joined the Confederacy in 1861 and supplied most of the equipment and men to the cause. Later, the Wright brothers flew their first successful airplane flight near Kitty Hawk. North Carolina's industries include furniture making, textiles, and high-tech industries located in the Raleigh-Durham Research Triangle area.
Authored by jeh. Last updated 2014-12-12 23:06:37.
- North Carolina Map
North Carolina is the 29th largest USA state. It is bordered by Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia. Visit this site to learn more and find printable road maps and relief maps of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Directory
Learn about North Carolina's demographics and economy, and use the Categories Menu to find businesses and other organizations in North Carolina.
- North Carolina Real Estate Guide
Learn about urban, suburban, and rural real estate markets in North Carolina. Real estate agents, buyers, and sellers will appreciate the North Carolina real estate resources on this page.
- North Carolina Atlas
North Carolina state history, geography, and travel information are the subjects of this North Carolina atlas page.
North Carolina Road Map (Illustration)
This North Carolina map page includes a detailed, scalable road map of North Carolina, as well as Interstate highway routes, scenic road information, and state highway department links.
- Charlotte, North Carolina Skyline (Photograph)
Captioned online picture and description of the Charlotte, North Carolina skyline at dusk. Sunlight reflects on the city skyscrapers.
- Georgia Map
Georgia, the 21st largest state in the USA, is bounded by North Carolina to the north, South Carolina to the northeast, Florida to the South, the Atlantic Ocean on the southeast, and Tennessee on the north.
- South Carolina Map
South Carolina is the 40th largest USA state, bounded by North Carolina to the north, Georgia to the southwest, and the Atlantic Ocean to the southeast.
- Tennessee Map
Tennessee is the 34th largest USA state, bounded by Kentucky, Alabama, North Carolina, Arkansas, Virginia, Georgia, Missouri, and Mississippi. Visit this site to learn more and find printable maps of Tennessee.
- Virginia Map
Virginia is the 37th largest state in the USA, bordered by Maryland, North Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee. Visit this site to learn more about Virginia and find printable maps of the state.
- Pinterest - North Carolina Board
This gallery page features selected North Carolina images, including the state flag, a locator map, and various travel photos.
North Carolina Locator Map
North Carolina News
- Why do people still think the Earth is flat?
This social media community has come together for the first time in North Carolina to discuss their shared belief.
BBC News. Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:56:15 GMT.
- Researchers use light to launch drugs from red blood cells
Scientists at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have developed a breakthrough technique that uses light to activate a drug stored in circulating red blood cells so that it is released exactly when and where it is needed.
Science X. Wed, 04 Jan 2017 14:54:25 EST.
North Carolina Bibliography
- Bachman, Karen. North Carolina's Outer Banks. Guilford, CT. Globe Pequot Press. 2009.
- Blackley, Pat and Chuck. Outer Banks Impressions. Helena, MT. Farcountry Press. 2005.
- McNaughton, Marimar. Outer Banks Architecture. Winston-Salem, NC. John F. Blair. 2000.
- Stick, David. North Carolina Lighthouses. Raleigh, NC. NC Archives and History Division. 1999.
- Whisnant, Anne Mitchell. Super-Scenic Motorway. Chapel Hill, NC. University of North Carolina. 2006.
- Yocum, Thomas, Bruce Roberts, and C. Shelton-Roberts. Cape Hatteras. Nashville, TN. Cumberland House. 1999.
Copyright © 2012-2016 Word-Cloud.org. All rights reserved.